Everything You Need To Know About Replacing Your Vinyl Pool Liner
When it comes to enjoying the benefits of a backyard oasis for family, friends and general relaxation, there really is nothing better than a clean, healthy pool. Whilst a popular backyard activity for a wide range of Australian households, pools require regular maintenance and cleaning to prolong the longevity of your above or below ground pool.
Despite best efforts to maintain your pool health, after time, pool liners can start to experience typical signs of wear and tear, prompting a need to replace your liner.
The good news is, it’s an easier process than you might think!
The Lifespan Of Typical Pool Liners
There are a range of different pool liners on the market, each with their own level of quality and reliability, with shelf life differing between products.
At Oceanic Pools, we focus our service on renovating custom built below ground vinyl pool liners, as well as converting or relining failed concrete pools. The expected life span of a vinyl pool liner is 12-15 years. However with correct cleaning and chemical maintenance some liners will last much longer, up to and over 20 years. This figure can also depend on several factors, however there are ways to help your liner last longer, as covered in our recent blog ‘How To Look After Your Vinyl Pool Liner’.
At Oceanic Pools we only use the highest quality Aqualux vinyl material to manufacture our vinyl pool liners. It is the best, most flexible and proven material on the market having been used in Australia for over 45 years. Aqualux provides a smooth continuous algae resistant pool surface with 16 colours to choose from.
Replacing Your Vinyl Pool Liner Is Easier Than You Think
A common perspective on the vinyl pool replacement and installation process is that it is time consuming, complicated and expensive. However, after years of servicing backyard pools all throughout Perth, we’ve refined our process to become easy, uncomplicated and efficient. The entire process of replacing a pool liner generally takes us between 3 and 5 weeks to complete, with minimal disruption to your family and property.
So what does the replacement process look like? Here are our steps:
- An appointment is booked to inspect your pool on site.
- Your requirements are assessed and options discussed and provided with care taken to trouble shoot up any future problems.
- This is also the time to discuss any modifications or additions to the pool structure, like steps, ledges or LED lights.
- We then produce a formal quote to repair/replace your vinyl pool liner.
- We supply you with our range of vinyl pool liners to choose from.
- Once you’re happy with our quote, it’s then time for us to get to work!
- First things first, your pool is drained to allow us access to the inside of the shell.
- We then remove the fittings and the liner from the pool and inspect the surface for any damage or liner repairs that may be required.
- A time is then booked for installation, with installation being completed within a day.
- Chemicals are then added to ensure your pool levels are perfect.
- Your brand new pool is then ready to dive into and enjoy!
Why Choose Oceanic Pools
Below ground vinyl pool liners are our specific focus as it’s what we do best. We understand our clients want a hassle-free solution and throughout the years we have perfected our process of taking the stress out of pool renovations, handling the process from start to finish so you don’t have to lift a finger.
When you engage Oceanic Pools, you will also deal with the owner (Richard) who personally handles your installation, ensuring there are less middle-men and a guaranteed quality that will see your pool stand the test of time.
Need a quote to replace your vinyl pool liner? We welcome you to contact us today to book in an appointment.